The Southern Nevada Council for the Social Studies (SNCSS) is an affiliate of the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
For Social Studies teachers in Southern Nevada we strive to:
- provide a collegial-based organization for social studies educator support and professional development in Southern Nevada,
- support the efforts of teachers in providing high quality instruction to students at elementary, secondary, and collegiate levels in Southern Nevada,
- support the training of potential and new educators in teaching social studies,
- sponsor conferences, training sessions, and general meetings to advance social studies education in Southern Nevada, and
- contribute to the development of Nevada state standards, curriculum materials, and teacher resources for social studies
Interested in donating or sponsoring our organization?
We are always looking for sponsors to help us provide trainings and support for our teachers. Please complete the following to donate and/or sponsor SNCSS today.